|Kenneth J. Afienko, P.A.||St. Petersburg, Florida|
Police Union litigation (FOP Lodge 43) work involving: Representation concerning critical incidents such as shootings and serious car crashes involving law enforcement officers, internal affairs investigations, criminal investigations arising from duties as a law enforcement officer, contract and arbitration hearings, PERC issues, pension matters, collective bargaining issues and disciplinary appeals. In addition, practice in the areas of personal injury law, contract issues, family law matters and employment-related issues. Discounted legal rates for all active/retired law enforcement, fire department, military personnel, and government employees.
|St. Petersburg College||St. Petersburg, FL|
|College professor teaching 4-year degree-seeking learners in the Public Safety Administration program. Also, teach the legal portion of all law enforcement academies, and select in-service classes such as Internal Affairs Investigations.|
|Rothwell and Barker, P.A||St. Petersburg, Florida|
Litigation involving both plaintiff and defense cases primarily dealing with personal injury claims.
|Rothwell and Barker, P.A.||St. Petersburg, Florida|
Legal research and investigations in preparation of cases.
|Pinellas Park Police Department||Pinellas Park, Florida|
Part-time law enforcement officer currently assigned to traffic enforcement unit. Responsible for investigating traffic crashes, traffic control, DWI investigations and special traffic enforcement details.
|Madeira Beach Police Department||Madeira Beach, Florida|
Retired as Detective Sergeant. In charge of day-to-day operations of the dept. and was responsible for all investigations as well as special assignments. Also served as interim Chief of Police from April 1991-July 1991.
- Juris Doctor
Stetson University of Law
St. Petersburg, Florida
- M.B.A. (Business Administration)
- B.A. Criminology
University of South Florida
- A.A. Police Administration
- 24-hour accessibility for critical incidents.
- Have provided legal representation to hundreds of law enforcement officers throughout Florida in the area of Internal Investigations and related Criminal Investigations.
- Since 2002, have handled dozens of officer-involved shootings, many of which resulted in death of the offender. None of the officer-involved shootings has resulted in any law enforcement officer being disciplined by their respective department or criminally prosecuted by the State or Federal Government.
- Have never arrived more than 30 minutes after being summoned to the scene of a critical incident.
- Have handled several FDLE Administrative cases involving officers that have been charged with various violations.
- Have been involved with several PERC hearings, FMCS hearings, contract and discipline grievances on behalf of law enforcement officers.
- Still certified as a police officer currently working at the Pinellas Park Police Department on a part-time basis.
- Certified in 1981 by the Pinellas Police Academy, thereafter employed at the City of Madeira Beach Police from 1982 to 1995.
- Only Madeira Beach Police Officer to be selected as “Officer of the Year” twice.
- Selected as Outstanding Law Enforcement Officer (1991), sponsored by the Pinellas Police Academy.
- Served as acting chief in Madeira Beach from 4/91-7/91.
- Implemented and developed the Madeira Beach Police Department’s DWI program.
- Honored by MADD on several occasions for apprehension of impaired drivers.
- Trained traffic homicide investigator, certified radar operator, breath test operator and maintenance technician.
- Have taught several seminars throughout Pinellas County including Rape Prevention; Child Abduction; Home Security; Self Defense; and Fraud Prevention.
- Have never been a target of any internal affair’s complaint and have never been reprimanded, suspended, counseled, demoted or terminated.
- Taught several legal seminars to Police Departments, private and charitable organizations regarding contemporary legal issues.